Field and CPL Updates
Dear WAIS Divide team,
Field reports and photos are coming in from our team at WAIS Divide:
- Camp wintered well. Significant drifting on winter berms and arch facility occurred over the winter
- Put-in construction crew went in on 02 Nov.
- All camp structures are up and heated as of yesterday
- Crew is working on generators, electricity, and communications for structures
- Excellent weather has helped the construction and camp staff during the past week
- Camp expected to open on schedule - 15 Nov.
- Arch construction crew is expected to arrive at camp on 15 Nov.
- Materials for arch are trickling into McM
- Crew expects some delays in interior construction schedule (details uncertain at this time)
- 8 fixed wing missions have been completed to WAIS Divide to date
- Science activities expected to start on schedule once camp is up and running
- Temperature at camp was around - 46 F.
I'll send additional updates as I receive information.